At San Francisco State we years ago went to VHS/DVD combo players.
Which would your VP for Finance rather do; spend $100 - $200 per room
installing new machines, or skazillions researching copyrights, paying
for rights, if they are available at all - and incurring the wrath of
faculty members who can't play their own videos any more?

Just a thought.

Brigid Duffy
Academic Technology
San Francisco State University