Hi Suella,

I think very few of us public libraries have jumped into this realm save for
the few offerings on Overdrive.   Jessica-we are looking to stream/offer
downloads to our online customers.    I have been intrigued by ASP offerings
but personally haven't explored it deeply.    I'd love to hear from any other
PLs that may be offering ASPs service to the public and if it is allowed to be
streamed/downloaded by our online customers (like Overdrive) or if it is for
use in the library only.

Once upon a time Recorded Books was peddling at service that did include
streaming right for many feature films (popular studio stuff)-I remember being
pitched the service a couple of years ago.   The cost was out of this world
high though...80-100K annually-if I remember right.   I have not heard that
pitch again.  Perhaps they no longer offer it.    They seemed to be slightly
ahead of the curve (and overpriced).    Still a call to your RB rep may be
worth your time.

They still offer the Film Movement foreign features as well, though I don't
know if they have a streaming option.

Also I believe that Jessica pointed out that Flicker Alley is now offering
their products as a stream.   Personally they are just a bit pricey to me given
their lack of general interest-though they have a great niche audience!

Don't forget about New Day's  downloads...although I seem to recall many of
them may be offered on Overdrive now  (of which I am not the biggest fan of).

I'd like to hear more on this subject from other PLs that are exploring
offering films to online customers.

Best,
Myles Jaeschke

Tulsa City-County Library