I do not object to institutional pricing.  There are similar models with
journal subscriptions for institutions vs. individual.  I do like to get
some public performance rights when we pay the institutional price.  PPR
may be needed in some countries for classroom use, but it is not needed
within the U.S..  Some of the newer vendors within this market have tried
to give no PPR but classroom use rights with institutional pricing ...
wrong headed!

Some vendors do have a mission to serve select communities.  Discounts for
historically black colleges is a good discount fit in this case.

Budgets for higher ed, community colleges and public libraries vary per
institution.  A prefer a medium priced institutional price to tiered
pricing.  I do know that most pubic libraries have strong guidelines about
purchases over say ... $100... and there are few purchases of independent
educational documentaries by this type library.

Nell Chenault
Research Librarian for Film and Music
VCU Libraries
Virginia Commonwealth University