From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Junior Tidal
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:42 AM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] audiocassettes

I just recently weeded most of our audio cassette collection. They have never
circulated here since I first came aboard 7 years ago.

We've also seen that our audio CDs also do not circulate as much.

Best,

Junior Tidal
Assistant Professor
Web Services and Multimedia Librarian
New York City College of Technology, CUNY
300 Jay Street, Rm A434
Brooklyn, NY 11201
718.260.5481

http://library.citytech.cuny.edu

>>> "Rosen, Rhonda" <rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu> 12/19/2012 1:11 PM >>>
Hi -
For academic libraries....what are you doing with your audiocassette
collections?
We no longer have players in our media area and obviously the format is
obsolete...while I'm actively replacing VHS with DVD - I am not sure I want to
go this route with audio....
We have mostly classical music and spoken word.

Any ideas?
Rhonda
Rhonda Rosen| Head, Media & Access Services William H. Hannon Library | Loyola
Marymount University One LMU Drive, MS 8200 | Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
rhonda.ro...@lmu.edu| 310/338-4584|
http://library.lmu.edu<http://library.lmu.edu/>
 "You see, I don't believe that libraries should be drab places where people
sit in silence, and that's been the main reason for our policy of employing
wild animals as librarians."
--Monty Python