From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Mandel, Debra
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:55 PM
To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: [Videolib] audiocassettes

It'a time to withdraw these. Can you adapt your VHS replacement criteria to
prioritize which ones you would buy on CD or withdraw?
 Do you have a classical CD collection already and/or streaming classical music
such as NAXOS or ASP? If so, these CDs are superfluos.

Demand for CDs at my institution has really slowed because of MP3 revolution
and streaming audio.

Spoken word is also available on CD.

I always get input from faculty before I wholesale withdraw a collection, just
so they know, and I inquire what is most needed for teaching and research. I
did this with 16mm last year and retained some things they  requested.

Debra

via iPhone

On Dec 19, 2012, at 1:16 PM, "Rosen, Rhonda"