OOPS typo on my part. I meant to say 50% of the claims were tossed not
ANOTHER 50%. The judge only considered 48 of the 99 claims to see if they
qualified for "fair use" the other 51 were disregarded either because it
was not clear the plaintiffs represented the owners or that there was no
evidence they were viewed. This means 10% of the material she actually
examined she did find violated "fair use". Does not seem that high but
hardly nothing for such a sweeping decision. The real issue in this thread
for me though is the nutty claim by the presenter in the webinar that
somehow this case could be used as backing the streaming of an entire work
particularly when GSU which HAD posted entire books quickly took them down
when sued and makes no claim that they could ever do this in their case.