From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Anna Goslen
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2014 1:21 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Question regarding library strategies for providing
accessibility to audiovisual materials

I would also love to hear from others on this topic!

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM, Borden, Lisa M.
<lmbor...@utep.edu<mailto:lmbor...@utep.edu>> wrote:
All:

I would like to know if any librarians would be willing to share current
strategies you employ for providing accessibility to audiovisual materials.

One issue we’re concerned with is A/V materials that *do not* include
accessibility enhancements such as:

1)      Sub-Titles

2)      Closed-Captioning

3)      Transcripts

Any suggestions or ideas for procedures, policies, and workflows will be
greatly appreciated.

Feel free to reply either on or off list.

Many thanks,

Lisa M. Borden
Serials & Electronic Resources Librarian, Section Head
UTEP Library - Acquisitions
PH: (915) 747-6709<tel:%28915%29%20747-6709>
E-Mail: lmbor...@utep.edu<mailto:lmbor...@utep.edu>

Anna Goslen
Media Coordinator and Digital Initiatives Librarian
Swarthmore College Library
(610) 690-5733<tel:%28610%29%20690-5733>
agosl...@swarthmore.edu<mailto:agosl...@swarthmore.edu>