Hi all,

Thank you for the shout out, Jim!  The slides from my NMM presentation are
available on the Market website at: http://www.nmm.net/market-resources/

I had not weighed in earlier, because the process I discussed works best
for captioning films licensed for online delivery when a subtitle or
caption track is available on the DVD.

The materials Lisa mentions, with no accessibility enhancements included,
are much more problematic.  I've experimented with creating caption files
from scratch or from transcripts, but have concluded that this is only
really cost effective for short, library-produced videos such as online
tutorials.  For longer commercial works, I'd agree with Arielle that
outsourcing to a captioning vendor is probably the best means of providing
accessible copies.

Brian

Brian Boling
Media Services Librarian