I agree about the legality, but I just wondered about the use of the word
scam. I didn't find anything on the site claiming they were doing it
legally, and I bet the site is one that either stays under the radar (since
it appears to only have a dozen or so titles) and withers from lack of
business or gets exposed and cracked down on (as ioffer had to). I would
just use the word scam for a site taking the money and running, but I get
your point.