Jessica mentioned that 'resilience' is the theme her patrons are looking to highlight. Towards that end, I wonder if this film might be of interest:

Charles Bradley: Soul of America
http://www.charlesbradleyfilm.com/store.php

It's been a few years since I saw this on the festival circuit, but I remember thinking it was a great music doc. So there's the artist angle, and certainly the resilience angle. Could be worth checking out -- and, good to see that it's found a DVD distributor, so I can order it for our collection now!

Another that I haven't seen but read about recently (even has 'resilience' in the tagline):

http://onherownfilm.com/

Looks like it's on the festival circuit now, so may be easier to license?

Best,

--
Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Associate Librarian