From: videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu
[mailto:videolib-boun...@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Hooper, Lisa K
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 3:47 PM
To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Alternative films to Tig

Hi Mat,

The overriding theme for this film series is resilience (we are, after all,
marking Katrina10 in a big way down here). We already have several Katrina film
options so we're now looking for other issues that can be associated with the
concept of resilience; it could be illness, race, LGBT, gender, etc. The field
is, actually, pretty wide open. The people making the final selection tend to
like films that are recent productions, have a rapid pace (our students lose
interest far too quickly), have a high production quality a la Hollywood (for
the same reason), and are easily accessible. I think Tig stood out because it
appeared to meet all four criteria.

Thanks!
-lisa