OK!

Something curious was happening:

Toby St Clere Smithe <m...@tsmithe.net>
writes:
> I wish I could be so sure! Somehow, the contents of the vector get lost
> somewhere during the call to the solver function. The vector is correct
> immediately before the call in Python, but during the call it seems to
> change. Very strange. At least I know where the bug is, though!

For most of the PyViennaCL functions, where the prototypes are
compatible, I pass vector_base objects to ViennaCL, because that way I
don't have to have a large number of identical functions for vector,
vector_proxy, etc. In this case, I was passing the vector as a
vector_base object to the solver, and for some reason, it became 0 along
the way.

Does anyone know why that might be? This doesn't seem to happen
elsewhere.. (Notably, for instance, the direct solvers work, and those
calls use matrix_base and vector_base prototypes).

Cheers,

Toby