I just got it to work with MSVC10 & Qt5.3.1. Changed uint64_t to uint.
Don't think there'll be any precision loss there.

I also had to add a line to the qmake build file, and manually copy
libarchive libs. That copying part is rather interesting:
-first it complained about not finding libarchive.lib, meaning it wanted to
compile it statically even it is instructed to do it dynamically
(msvc:QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += /MD)... so I had to manually copy libarchive.lib
into external/libarchive/bin where it usually looks for the dll. That fixed
compiling.
-next, it crashed when started by QtCreator indicating its missing some
libs. So I tried to manually run the .exe and guess what happened: it was
missing libarchive.*DLL... *so I copied both libarchive.dll and libzlib.dll
into exe's folder and tried starting it manually. Crashed with unknown
reference to some dynamic Qt5 lib... Switched back to see if QtCreator can
run it and guess what: it can...

I have no idea why is this so unnecessarily complicated (borderline broken)
and why does MSVC persist on being ridiculous.

I'll now see if the same mysteries happen with the CMake build.

Regards, Namik

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:12 AM, Matthew Musto <matthew.mu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yeah, MSVC 12.  I'll look into it and submit a pull request.
>
> -Matt
>

> On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 10:09 PM, Namik Karovic <namik.karo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey Matt,
>>
>> 'uint64_t' : undeclared identifier
>>

>> This looks like a compiler hick-up. I suppose this occured with MSVC?
>> Feel free to submit a fix.
>>
>> Regards, Namik
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:54 AM, Matthew Musto <matthew.mu...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Namik,
>>>
>>> I just tried to build it and got a couple errors.  I made sure to run
>>> 'git submodule update --init' and I started with a fresh build folder for
>>> cmake.  Since I know this is in active development, I thought I would ask
>>> first before trying to fix it and submitting a pull request.
>>>
>>> Here are the current build errors:
>>>
>>> Error    24    error C2059: syntax error : ')'
>>> C:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\src\ui\homescreen.cpp
>>> 89    1    ViennaCL_Benchmark
>>> Error    22    error C2065: 'uint64_t' : undeclared identifier
>>> C:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\src\ui\homescreen.cpp
>>> 89    1    ViennaCL_Benchmark
>>> Error    23    error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier
>>> 'iter'
>>> C:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\src\ui\homescreen.cpp
>>> 89    1    ViennaCL_Benchmark
>>>     30    IntelliSense: expected a ')'
>>> c:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\src\ui\homescreen.cpp
>>> 89    80    ViennaCL_Benchmark
>>>     29    IntelliSense: identifier "uint64_t" is undefined
>>> c:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\src\ui\homescreen.cpp
>>> 89    71    ViennaCL_Benchmark
>>> Warning    3    warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
>>> C:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\src\benchmarks\benchmark_blas3.cpp
>>> 78    1    ViennaCL_Benchmark
>>> Warning    1    warning C4996: 'getenv': This function or variable may
>>> be unsafe. Consider using _dupenv_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
>>> _CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.
>>> C:\viennacl-benchmark-gui-master\viennacl-benchmark-gui\external\viennacl-dev\viennacl\ocl\context.hpp