Hi Namik,

 > It worked fine on my Windows 7 desktop machine; later I will test it on
> my Windows 8 laptop and report if anything is missing.
> I guess linking Qt dynamically is ok for the time being. But we should
> think about a static build for the long run.

A static build is unfortunately not possible because WebKit+Qt cannot be
built statically. A static build of QWebKit is officially *disabled*:
https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtwebkit/commit/2573bb654e49a0bfb00ced6446cacae3a41fd776

> It would reduce the program
> size significantly.

Most of the package size stems from the WebKit engine (the .dll is 30
MB). If we really want to cut down the program size, we have to replace
the WebKit-based MatrixMarket Browser with a static list of matrices
(after 1.0.0 of course... ;-) ).

>     A few smaller issues are still left and will be addressed tomorrow.
>     @Namik: Do you have some time to fix the layout on the start screen
>     for multiple OpenCL devices (see screenshot)? Adding a 'scrollable'
>     property might do the trick already...
>

> I thought I fixed that already... Damn, this cross-platform widget
> customizing is so annoying. I think I'll just revert back to using
> native widget styles...

Be careful with global changes at this point ;-) I think that it will
suffice if you add a scrollbar to the widget on overflow.

>     > - The plots were hard to read because rather small on my laptop. I would
>     > love to be able to make the plot fullscreen, or to display the data as a
>     > table when I click on a curve. I don't know how easy this is to do with
>     > qt-creator, though...
>     Yeah, this is a resolution issue. On full-HD resultion it's much better
>     to view/navigate, but still it's hard to extract the x/y values. At some
>     later point we definitely have to offer a data export. For the time
>     being I'll try to display a label if the mouse pointer is over a
>     data item.
>

> A fullscreen option is a good idea indeed. And not too hard implement.
> I'll see what I can do.
> As for displaying a label on mouseover, it's not as easy as it may seem.
> The plotting library we use doesn't provide that functionality
> out-of-the-box, so we'll pretty much have to make our own solution. It's
> not impossible, but not easy either. I've tried to do it during GSoC,
> but there were more important things to back then. Here's a nice
> explanation on how it can be achieved:
>
> http://www.qcustomplot.com/index.php/support/forum/54

I found a similar discussion yesterday on the web, including some more
code snippets. If there's time left this afternoon, I'll look into it.

Best regards,
Karli