>   http://viff.dk/tmp/viff-0.3.win32.exe
>
> The manual describes it as a self-extracting zip archive, so I assume
> that it simply contains the .py files. Would somebody who runs Windows
> please try it out and report back what happens?
>
> If it better than the normal zip file I made for the 0.3 release, then
> we should definitely start making these exe files when releasing.

I have just installed it and run the benchmark test on Windows XP (without TLS),
and it works fine. However, with the effort it takes to install the rest of what
is needed for VIFF, I do not think it really makes it much easier with an
installer just for VIFF because you already have to know where the files are
supposed to go anyway (at least ConfigObj has to be placed manually as far as I
could tell). If you really wanted to make it friendly, the installer would
simply install everything needed.

On the other hand, it is still quicker and more convenient to use the installer,
so I would suggest releasing this VIFF for Windows in this format in the future
along with a ZIP-file as well.

 -- Mikkel Krøigård