My memory IS going! I DO have Berner's book.  My excuse is that I was
   thrown off the scent by it being called a book - it's actually a rather
   small paperbound booklet...

   Pagw 45 has the picture, but I'm afraid it's entitled 'Head of
   theorboed guitar, late eighteenth-century - attributed to Cosineau
   1780' (G. Thibault collection - Thibault was one of the authors of the
   booklet). In short, one of those instruments using overwound strings
   and many extant examples some pictured on the Harp-Guitar site
   previously mentioned.

   The page also has two other depictions of guitars: a four course and a
   5 course both taken from Mersenne.

   I wouldn't take Berners little work as at all reliable/accurate these
   days: even in 1967, when published, we knew that the chitarrone was not
   generally strung 'usually with metal',  and that Mersenne's depiction
   of what he called a theorbe was actually an archlute (as indeed M later
   said in an autograph emendation to his own copy) tho' Berners calls it
   a theorbo. Similarly, of the 5 course guitar he says the ' lower three
   courses double in octaves' ........

   Martyn