I'd like to chime in (no pun intended) as a cured classical guitarist.
   (And let me add, nothing is worse than a cured drunk.)  Hello, I'm
   Chris, and I'm a classical guitarist.  Today I've been bordon - free
   for six months (applause).
   Actually, I struggled with this issue when I first got my instrument,
   and received some stinging replies -- the internet works that way.  The
   point has been taken, and I'm happier for it.
   Indeed, the idiosyncrasies of the instrument are a very big deal.  Not
   only do they affect the sound you hear.  They affect the logic of your
   interpretation.  I'm currently being extreme, and using the Sanz,
   no-bordon stringing.  That means I have to ground myself with a G as
   the lowest note.  Classical guitarists are used to grounding themselves
   in the lowest note of a voicing, and building their interpretation of
   voice leading (is that what you call it???) and melodic development on
   that.  Well, we're also used to finding it THREE whole strings below
   the G.  Grounding on the G in a 5-course instrument requires changes in
   physical logic, muscle logic, reading logic, melodic logic, and voicing
   logic.  Probably the most difficult thing is to take a piece you
   learned and loved from a Narciso Yepes transcription of Sanz, and then
   play it on the Baroque guitar.  Talk about cambio del chip, as they say
   in Spain...  Or as the Firesign Theater once said, "Everything You Know
   is Wrong."
   This is a GOOD thing.  Embrace it.
   cud