Dear flat-back lutenists,

is there any repertoire/composer of baroque guitar that/who without any
modern disagreement definitely used the "double re-entrant" tuning - the
5th and 4th having only in the upper octaves? De Visee perhaps?

An interesting question. I'd like to see a list too. And a more contested list of what may well be music for this tuning, but not actually specified.

I think these are definitely for the fully re-entrant tuning:

Valdambrini
Carré
some (?) Sanz

and?....

Stuart

To a theorbist with two top strings lowered an octave that setting sounds
really interesting - the opposite way of putting the fingerboard strings
sound a lot in the same octave! In a therbo in a from A to b, in b-guitar
in e from g to e'.

In this interesting light just considering of getting a b-guitar... :)

Arto