Thanks for clarifying that!   I understand what you mean now.

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "jean-michel Catherinot" <jeanmichel.catheri...@yahoo.com>
To: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>; "Chris Despopoulos"
<despopoulos_chr...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:55 AM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Any b-guitar repertoire in all re-entrant accepted by
all?

  I only says that  "a  minor third below 440 " is the tuning indicated
  by Carbonchi (GCFAD), at a pitch of a=415. On instruments with a
  diapason of 69 cm (as Sellas...), it equals  my stringing which is a
  tone higher (ADGHE) with a 63 cm SL.There is no impossibilty to use a g
  octave,(or f octave on a greater instrument), it works quite well on
  mine. But  I also quite understand Monica's general point of view:
  perhaps it sounds good for my  today's ears, but what about 1650 ears?
  And allways no real evidence of the use of  "g" octave in the texts, as
  she already pointed out.