Excellent work by both of you.

   Monica

   ----- Original Message -----

   From: [1]Peter Kooiman

   To: [2]Chris Despopoulos

   Cc: [3]Vihuelalist ; [4]Monica Hall ; [5]Martyn Hodgson

   Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 5:37 PM

   Subject: Re: [VIHUELA] Re: Ambiguity

   >   Not surprisingly, Sanz indicates trills or mordents for the two
   > lower courses in the first two books:
   Also, in his "Regla quarta del trino" Sanz offers this advice:
   "I want to give a famous rule so that you know where a trill sounds
   good, and you can always do it even though it is not written down. In
   the first place, the open first, and second courses, trill them if you
   have a free finger, even though the trill is not written down. Also the
   fourth and fifth courses on the second fret, and all fourth frets. The
   reason is, because they are flats, or sharps, and in music this name
   corresponds to the trill"
   Peter