Dear List,

   I have recently finished editing all the known chamber music for
   Baroque guitar and strings, including all these "Capricci" by Granata.
   I noted the light figured bass markings here and in Granata's Sonata
   (1659) for the same instrumentation  (in which the violin is *not* a
   mere doubling). However, I decided not to include any continuo
   realizations, because the guitar already provides a nice sketch of the
   harmonies. (This decision was reached partly in conference with
   Monica.)

   That said, please let me point out three "Simphonies" by Henry Grenerin
   for two violins, guitar, and "basse" with figures, where the figures
   are specified to be for a theorbo. We should probably consider the
   theorbo/chitarrone to be a good continuo instrument for Granata's music
   as well.

   Mike

   [1]mich...@lgv-pub.com