I just don't agree with you that the bass part
  in Marini 1622 is never to be played when the guitar strums alfabeto -

P.S.   What Marini himself says is

Note that in some places you will find that the alfabeto does not fit with the bass line. This is because it is the wish of the author to accompany the voice in as many ways as possible rather than while by paying heed to the requirements of one instrument, he is constrained by those of the other, since the guitar lacks many proper consonances.

Which to me at least suggest that he didn't expect the guitar to play with the bass line. And there are places where the alfabeto doesn't fit the bass.

Monica in haste

  Ditto to you about not reading emails - see what I wrote about using a
  tiorba. You are also wrong in not considering the tiorba a 'bass
  instrument'; - by bass instrument I don't think the Old Ones
  automatically thought - aha! - this means a bowed bass!

  Pip! pip!

  Martyn