     From: eisen...@planet.nl <eisen...@planet.nl>
     Subject: RE: Return to earlier question: {was Re: [VIHUELA] Re:
     Agazzari guitar [was Re: Capona?]}
     To: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>, "Vihuelalist"
     <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
     Date: Monday, 12 December, 2011, 9:55

   Hi,
   I'm not so sure about the 'etc.'
   It seems that Agazzari was thinking in terms of counterpoint, the way
   the guitar was used (strumming) does not fit in easily. In the end,
   there were more composers who were criticizing the use of the guitar
   (Castaldi), at that time. I suppose that the plucked chitarrina could
   be one of the melodic instruments on his list.
   Lex