Hari Krishna Dara wrote:

I am wondering if we can have netrw set the 'ft' of the buffer to
'netrw' at the end of generating the directory listing...

Its already netrwlist; I named it that quite awhile ago so as to reduce the danger that someone might move syntax/netrw.vim atop plugin/netrw.vim. It seems like it'd be better for it to simply
be netrw, so I'll do that.

Couple of other comments about netrw:
- In the vim7 beta2, netrw seems to generate bunch of "1 more line"
 messages (I have report=0). Can we put a :silent in front of those
 lines that add lines, please?
- The "loaded_netrw" variable is set to say "v52", but it will be much
 easier to do version checks if it is just a number, such as "52".
 I don't see any benefit of prefixing the number with a "v".

Hmm --- I sent netrw v87 to Bram yesterday, and I've got a v88b that I've uploaded to my website. That "b", by the way, shows one reason why the version isn't simply a number. Another reason: I have scripts that automatically update my website with the latest "ASTRO-ONLY" versions of my scripts, including updating the release & version number shown on the website. Its safer to have
that '"v\d\+\a*"' pattern for such automated updating.

Doing version checks just simply means doing the removal of the leading "v" and then comparing.
(strpart(), substitute(), etc).

Vim 7 beta2 has a much more recent version of netrw than v58. Do you happen to have an older netrw hanging around in your plugin directory? The newer netrw's work better with report=0.

Regards,
Chip Campbell