Matt Sicker wrote:
On Monday 17 July 2006 03:40, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
Dnia poniedziaƂek, 17 lipca 2006 17:09, Charles E Campbell Jr napisaƂ:
As I recall, the vim7 kde port was dropped because there was no
maintainer for the port.  I'm not a KDE
user myself, so I'm not a candidate, but perhaps if  you
volunteered to do KDE port+maintenance, you
might be able to get it back in.
I am not programmer but use KDE. IMO come back to KDE should wait
until release of Qt4.2 . It should support glib event loop. Conflicts
between glib and Qt event loops were major reasons for
unresponsiveness of kvim.

m.
Back when I was looking for a KDE version of Vim, I found a program called yzis <http://yzis.org/> that was effectively a new Vim-like program made for KDE (along with a CLI version) and a different set of ideas to work behind for future development.

If a KVim version can be made with Qt4.2, I love you long time.

My distribution of SuSE 9.3 came with a program named kvim which is a version of gvim 6.2.14, modified for kde (and, IIUC, Qt) (but --version says "compiled by [EMAIL PROTECTED]" and no modified-by line). (The console Vim that came with it was a 6.3.58.). Good luck to you if you want to merge kvim into mainstream Vim with a proper set of #ifdef's.

BTW, the Qt version installed here goes by the cryptic name of qt3-3.3.4-11.3 (as listed by "rpm -qa | grep qt", without the quotes of course ;-) ).

Best regards,
Tony.