Nikolai Weibull wrote:
Here's a patch for :pwd that echoes the pwd with the attributes
specified by the Directory highlighting group.

What do you people think about this?  Is it necessary, nice, silly,
stupid, unnecessary?  I think that it makes sense, seeing as how it
prints a /directory/.  Bram thinks it is a bit overkill, as :pwd is
usually used by itself so that you don't need the highlighting.  He
also thought some people may find it undesirable.

So please, send in your coments about this one.

(I guess to go a bit overboard, but make it work for everyone, we
could add another highlighting group :-)

Thanks.

 nikolai

I prefer answers given on the command-line (with "more" if necessary) to appear in the default colors with the following exceptions:

- It's OK for titles (as in the listing of autocommands) to appear in another colour; - It's OK for the "xxx" of ":highlight" display to appear in the concerned highlight group's colours. - It's OK for the "More?" prompt, the "Hit-Enter" prompt and the scroll menu (which are not part of the text) to appear in a distinct colour.

So I agree with Bram that no special highlighting is needed for the reply to the ":pwd" command (and friends). Even if the netrw directory listing has subdirectories in a different colour (which is commendable), I don't want that colour to carry over into the command-line output of ":pwd".

Best regards,
Tony.