Alexey Froloff wrote:

> * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@> [061022 14:27]:
> > How do you distinguish between someone typing "<Esc> key" and
> > "<Esc> key" generated by Alt+key?
> I don't.  No program can do that, as Tony mentioned earlier.
> bash (readline) for example:
>
> M-b - backward-word
>
> Alt+b and <Esc>b works both the same, if Alt+Key sends <Esc>Key
> sequence.  Consider this as a feature.

I don't want to support that, because it causes mistakes.  Consider
being in Insert mode and typing "<Esc> o" to open a new line or "<Esc>
n" to find the next match.  A timeout won't help, the two keys can be
typed within ten msec.

Using <Esc> for special keys was already a bad idea, this certainly
should not be extended for other purposes.  Use <Csi> instead.

--
>From "know your smileys":
 O:-)   Saint