On Apr 10, 2006, at 9:02 AM, Peter Slizik wrote:

BTW, there is a trend towards more colorful, more
playful icons. I dislike this trend, because most of
those icons are much less legible than the icons
having been replaced.

Yes, that's true. Maybe adding some light glow, color transition, or shadow effects would help to make the logo more 'shiny'. But it depends on personal
taste, of course.

Personally, I *love* Matthew Webb's OS X versions of the Vim logo:

  http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~mtwebb/vim_icon/vim_icons.html

Especially the "matte" version. It's the same design as the current logo, but without the "im" text and with some subtle gradients and brushed-metal effects.

Does anyone think that it would be unreasonable to set this as the default icon for Mac OS X builds of Vim? It certainly blends better with the other apps' icons than the logo we have now (IMO).

Cheers,
--
Benjamin D. Esham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://bdesham.net  |  AIM: bdesham128