If you're using Vim7, you might try my WinWalker.vim script.  It will
allow you to arrange the Taglist window where you want in relation to
any other windows, and the  "/"  find function is more or less a
buffer explorer.

(I got another version to upload which sorts the buffer list a little
better, but it's useable now.)

On 5/1/06, James Vega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 06:45:24PM +0530, jagpreet wrote:
> Hi There,
>
>   I'm using two most downloaded vim plugins MiniBufferExplorer(By bindu
> wavell)  and taglist(By Yegappan Lakshmanan) for working on C++ files.
>
> When I open a file on a consol window, and use the Taglist plugin it works
> absolutely fine as documented. In the same consol window if I open another
> file with ":e <file2>" then it open the MiniBufferExplorer window as well
> and I can see the list of files present in the buffer.
> Also, the taglist plugin works absolutely well, i.e. giving the list of all
> the variables and functions befined in both the files.
> THE PROBLEM starts after I close either of the files with :q command.

You should be using :bd to close the buffer.  :q is used to close
windows.  ":help windows-intro" gives a basic rundown of the differences
between buffers and windows.

> [snip]
>
> Furthermore if I close(:q), either of the files and switch to another file
> by selecting it from the buffer window it opens the files in black and
> white("vi ") mode, like syntax off commend is given.

This is a documented problem with MiniBufExpl and there is a variable
you can let to attempt to fix this.  If you read the notes at the top of
MiniBufExpl.vim, you should find the information you need.  You may find
bufexplorer.vim to be less intrusive and easier to use.  That's what I
switched to after getting frustrated with MiniBufExpl.vim.

HTH,

James
--
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>