Up at the vim site theres a script called javae.vim:
This lets one create a list of directory paths to
Java source code. Then, if one places the cursor
over a class name, you can jump to the associated
source file.
RME

Benjamin Reitzammer wrote:
Hi,
I've searched the archive and asked many search engines for help, but
I still haven't found what I'm looking for (well, I'll stop the
humming, singing instantly ;)

Currently I switch between jEdit and vim on a hourly basis, depending
on the machine I'm working. I really love vim and would like to use it
exclusively, but until now there's one major thing missing for me,
that I couldn't find. "Find filenames as you type, and open them
instantly" .... or explained in more detail ...

In jEdit there's a plugin called Openit
(http://plugins.jedit.org/plugins/?OpenIt) which let's me configure a
number of directories. It then indexes the filenames contained in
these directories. Then it gives me the opportunity to search through
all the indexed filenames very, very quickly, and opening a found
file. Combined with fast typing, knowing the names of your files, and
a shortcut for opening the searching window, this is awesome.
I've uploaded a screenshot to better convey what I mean. It's at
http://nur-eine-i.de/openit_screenshot.png

Now my question:
Is there something similar for vim? Or do you guys have any hacks,
shell scripts for achieving this? Pressing a key combination, typing
in some letters, hitting enter and you opened another file?

This would really make my day (and some more weeks), if there was
anything like that for vim.

Thanks for reading and for your help

Cheers
Benjamin

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.