Unfortunately, I have to confirm the original problem.
Running xterm-256colors with xterm16 colorscheme in  the
xterm, when the cursorline is highlighted, the cursor
movement becomes both slow and erratic. When e.g. I place
the cursor at the beginning of the line and hold e.g. 'l'
for a while, cursor may move two chars, then pause and suddenly
jump many chars forward depending how I've held the key.
This is a problem for Bram, IMHO.

---Zdenek