Actually on a bit more exploration it also seems that if you:

- Open that split file/netrw window
- :tabnew with a new file in
- Go to another OS X application
- Return to Vim
- Click the the split window and again the netrw window will have disappeared

If you just leave the split window alone open and return to Vim from another app the window flickers/refreshes momentarily.

Nick

Hi Bram,

Yes it's reproducible:

I'm using the OS X Universal binary...

http://macvim.org/OSX/files/binaries/OSX10.4/Vim7.0-univ.tar.bz2

...from...

http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

and have upgraded netrw to v100. It's files reside in my .vim directory while the OS X package still has the ones it came with.

- Open a horizontally split window with netrw in one and a file in the other
- :tabnew
- Drag and drop a file from the finder into the new tab window ...or... Drag and drop onto the Vim icon - Go back to the first tab and the netrw split will have closed leaving just the file window

Note if you open a file via Vim (:e :Ex etc) in the new tab window and go back to the first tab the netrw window will still be there so this bug seems specific to drag and drop actions.

Nick

Nick Lo wrote:

Also, after playing with the new tabs I found a bug where the 4
window split would disappear if I opened a few tabs and came back to
the 4 windowed one. This was in fact the point where I asked ...well
do I actually NEED the static file browser.

Do you have a reproducable example for the disappearing windows?

--
If "R" is Reverse, how come "D" is FORWARD?

/// Bram Moolenaar -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- http:// www.Moolenaar.net \\\ /// sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/ sponsor/ \\\ \\\ download, build and distribute -- http://www.A-A- P.org /// \\\ help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF- Holland.org ///