> Jason Weber wrote:
>> Can one of you regular posters tell my how I can successfully
>> post to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I tried my regular email, as well as the
>> exact email I receive postings on.  I also reapplied for a
>> new account on the same address and posted again.  I still
>> don't see anything showing up on the list.
>>
>> Does anyone dredge the spam folder looking for problems with
>> good honest well-meaning posters?
>>
>> Do you have to pay to post?  Would it help?
>>

> No, you don't have to pay, but you have to have a valid email address
> and to mention it in the "From" field of emails sent from that same
> address.
>
> Subscribing to the list is a process consisting of the following steps:
>
> 1. Send an email (whose "body") may be blank to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> 2. The vim-list robot will reply to whatever address was on the "From"
> line of the email sent at step 1 (so that address had better be yours),
> giving you further instructions on how to finalize your subscription.
> (This avoids the case where someone would "subscribe" you against your
> will.) You should obey the instructions in that email. Shortly after you
> do, the list posts should start arriving (and they are quite frequent:
> don't mistake this "flooding" of your mailbox for spam; after all, you
> requested it and confirmed that it was you).
>
> If "someone" filters your incoming email, sending mail arriving from the
> Vim list to the trash bin before you see it, then I guess you should
> either make your spam filters less strict (possibly by complaining to
> whoever is responsible for setting the filters), or if you can't, take a
> different email address. You might even try something that you can read
> by webmail (i.e., by using a web browser, not a mail client: e.g.
> @netscape.net, @yahoo.co.uk, etc.) so you can bypass all filters
> including those built into your company's mail routers.
>
> For more details, browse to http://www.vim.org/ and click "Community" in
> the left margin.
>

> Best regards,
> Tony.

Assuming this works, I've found my problem.  I was receiving vim
postings through an alias [EMAIL PROTECTED] while I always send
from [EMAIL PROTECTED]  I re-subscribed and noticed the difference
in the header of a duplicate message.

As for the spam folder, I meant does anyone admin'ing the list
look through the rejects to see if anyone is making honest
mistakes?  Imagining the mountains of spam that must come through,
I'm guessing no.  That's ok.

No complaints, now that I see what's going on.

-- Jason Weber