I normally run with lots of splits. Recently I started using italics for
various syntax highlighting (especially comments and enum tag values).
Since then I have noticed the ocassional pixel remaining when I switch
from one split to another.

The situation where this happens is pretty reproducable. In one split
have a block of text with a large amount of white space at the
beginning, such as:

type my_function( type parameter,
                        type parameter2,
                        type parameter3);

Then in an adjacent split have some italicised comment text which starts
in the same window location as the white space, such as:

        // wibble wobble
        // wibble wobble
        // jelly on a plate

When I switch from the comment split to the text split, the lower left
pixel of the leading / is left behind on the two lines with whitespace.
It does actually happen in more places than this, but that is the most
easily reproducable.

If I scroll the window containing the spurious pixels then the pixels
scroll with the text (which is odd). If I visual select the block of
text, or type over the pixels, then the spurious pixels will go away.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this? I'm on Windows XP, running vim 7.0
as gvim (although with none of the fancy menus or scrollbars, I just use
it for the colouring :)

Max