Thanks for the prompt reply Tim.

Changing 'linespace' didn't seem to help at all, and I don't really want
to change the font. I also don't want to remove the text decoration; I
like my syntax highlighting as it is.

Control-L worked perfectly though; I've just added 'redraw!' to my
WinEnter au and all is well with the world again. Thanks for the tip!

Max