Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:
Hi!

Can anyone explain me how the font for menu in GUI is selected? I have 3
computers with the same set of fonts and the same configuration for
fonconfig, the same version of gvim (different GTK though) and on all
3 machines I get different menu font :) The worse is on the laptop.
There the font is large and in Bold, so it takes quite a big portion of
the fairly small screen :)

I don't see much in the Vim help about this subject; IIUC, it is GTK-specific. I think the relevant part is at the end of ":help gui-gtk", just above ":help gtk-tooltip-colors", as follows:

If you want to set the colors of remaining gui components (e.g., the
menubar, scrollbar, whatever), those are GTK specific settings and you
need to set those up in some sort of gtkrc file.  You'll have to refer
to the GTK documentation, however little there is, on how to do this.
See http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html
for more information.

You may have to check the above URI and/or conduct a few experiments.