Hi all,

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 23:21:13 +0300
"Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Dmitriy Yamkovoy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > Is there a binary compiled for Windows which allows me to run Vim
> > without any of the runtime files?  Long story short, I want
> > something I can keep online or on a USB key and just copy to the
> > desktop of any computer I sit at.
>
> I assume that if the whole $VIMRUNTIME tree is on your
> USB, and you setenv VIMRUNTIME to that location,
> vim.exe will happily access whole $VIMRUNTIME tree
> from there, no ? Is this good enough ?
>
> Yakov

so would it be possible to have vim on a usb key without modifying
environment variables? What I wouldn't give to be able to use vim at
work! I've asked and they've told me to use notepad!!!! They've got no
idea! or assume I don't. They may not be too far from the mark
but I do know which is the more powerful by a country mile!!

Editpad Pro (http://www.editpadpro.com/) allows this
(http://www.editpadpro.com/portable.html) but I'd much prefer a vim
solution.

--