Zheng Da wrote:
Hello.
I want to open a file, and I know its name, but don't know the path.
I want to use the command "find". For example I want to open the file
space.cc, and use the command :find space.cc. I know the file may be
in the current directory, or the subdirectories, but always get the
error E345: Cannot find file "space.cc" in path. I use the default
path, it should be .,/usr/include,,. (I use Linux).
So what's the problem? And how to open the file I want?

Maybe the file is not in that 'path'? Try expanding it, e.g.,

  :set path=.,,/usr/local/include,/usr/include,/usr/X11R6/include

or anything that you might think "likely". Or try looking into the source of a (working) module which includes the file you're looking for.

If you're desperate, try setting 'path' temporarily to /**/* to search (this time) in your whole hard drive. But in that case "this may take several minutes" as the Microsoft upgrades say, so you shouldn't leave 'path' set at that value any longer than necessary.