On Mon 27-Nov-06 12:30am -0600, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> On 11/26/06, Bill McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>                       ---------------------------------
>>
>>     <snip>
>>
>> > When I placed the above mappings in the .vimrc file, the mappings
>> > for \cal and \caL are removed and the new mappings \cv and \ch
>> > open the calendar window.
>>
>> Only If I move calendar.vim from AsNeeded/ to plugin/ can I
>> duplicate those results.  As my question begins, the plugin
>> is in AsNeeded/.  I am trying to figure out how to eliminate
>> the duplication with the plugin in AsNeeded/.
>>
>> Are \cal and \caL not defined when the plugin is in
>> AsNeeded?

> Yes. The plugins under the AsNeeded (and autoload) directory
> are sourced only when an undefined function or a command is
> invoked. If you invoke the ":Calendar" command, then your
> maps should start to work.

True, if I define (in vimrc):

    nmap <unique> <Leader>ch <Plug>CalendarH
    nmap <unique> <Leader>cv <Plug>CalendarV

Then AsNeeded is not transparent.  One needs to first
execute a command - not desirable.

If instead, I define:

    nmap <unique> <Leader>ch :CalendarH<CR>
    nmap <unique> <Leader>cv :Calendar<CR>

Then there is no need to execute a command before invoking a
mapping - AsNeeded is transparent.  However the default
mappings inside calendar.vim take effect, so there are now
two mappings to each of the commands.

Bill