Hi!

I love gvim and use it at work on a Linux system with no connection to the outside world. My coworkers laugh at copy-paste cycles that involve <mark>ya <move>i<cntrl-x>" and <cntrl-x><cntrl-o> code completion, but I consistently code-compile-debug faster than they can using eclipse.

In Vim on Windows systems you can copy with Ctrl-Insert, paste with Shift-Insert, and cut with Ctrl-Delete even without sourcing mswin.vim or using Cream. I use this very much. It is just a matter of ones habit if one uses Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V, and Ctrl-X or the other shortcuts, which you can use everywhere in Windows. Maybe this or something similar works on Linux Systems, too.

I thought OK, let's setup vim to be more user friendly so I can do advocacy. This led me to using cream.

Cream is a very fine configuration of Vim, it is more or less an editor of its own. I don't use it, but I have installed it for some people who did not like the native behavior of Vim but want to have its features.

If you are doing fine with the native behavior of Vim (and you told us, that you are very quick with it), why don't you stay with it? You have to work with it efficiently, not the others. But it is a matter of taste, I got used to the native behavior of Vim before I found Cream and do not want to learn a new Editor, since I am rather efficient with Vim. And my configuration files do exactly what I want them to...

Best wishes,
Georg