On 2/15/07, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Maybe -- I've never understood how to properly use the * register under X11.
What comes from "Edit => Copy" (or Ctrl-C) in some non-Vim program arrives in
the + register in gvim, and what I yank into the + register in gvim is
available for "Edit => Paste" (or Ctrl-V) in any non-Vim program -- those I
can understand.

Simple. You select text, keep it selected, and then middle click
somewhere to paste in. In Vim, you can of course use the * register.

If you don't have a middle button or don't care to set up
EmulateThreeButtons (click both buttons), depressing the mouse wheel
until it goes *click* does the same thing.

P.S. -- Don't use a Sun mouse with a PC even if it does have 3
buttons. Trust me.

--
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the
situation.

LOL @ your sig.