Hello vimmers,

I don't understand why Google Wiki is being discussed here as the main
solution. As I see it there are a few _major_ disadvantages of using it:

- it has software limitations that a large community, such as ours,
  can't cope with
- it's managed and offered by a third party organization
- we don't have controls of what features we want in and/or out or the
  way the layout/code/roadmap goes
- it's a commercial product and Vim will be asociated with it in the long
  run
- Google is as corporate as you can get, corporations and OpenSource
  don't mix well together (there are tons of examples)
- from what I've read in this thread it doesn't even have all the
  features needed for a working Vim-tips wiki

On the other hand mediawiki seems the best solution for something like
this:

- it's *OpenSource*
- it offers an easy management environment
- it can support high loads of traffic (see wikipedia)
- it has multi-language support
- it's easy to customize and improve
- it's not chown()-ed by any corporation

I know I'm not a regular here, but I read most of the mail I get from
vim@ and don't quite get why you people are seriously considering this.
So I thought I'd drop my two cents and hope that someone can shed some
light.

Thanks,
Paul.