http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:Learning_the_vi_editor/Vim/TipsSandbox/Tip_1:_the_super_star

> :-)
>
> Seriously though, as I had mentioned on the discussion page, for me as a
> user of the tip, it is horribly counter-productive to go and read
> twenty-five thousands comments on a page. I'd much rather just read a
> "perfect" tip. This assumes, of course, that tip contributors care about
> me as a user. I hope they do :)
>
> Wikipedia model seems to work great. One page. All the information.
> Discussion on a separate page.
>
> One change: if it matters, we could reserve a line (or two) for a list
> of contributors. This information is available from the history page for
> those who care to look anyway, but maybe people care about their names
> being mentioned.
>
> Finally, on the subject of converting the comments - it is entirely a
> manual process, that can not be automated. Comments need to be
> integrated into the   body of the main tip (maybe the tip needs to be
> adjusted, reworded, etc). We should just push out the existing pages,
> and then set to work on reworking the tips by hand. Eventually we'll be
> done.
>
> In any case, I think this will be an extremely useful resource
> (especially if we could then put VIM's documentation on there, and
> cross-link)

I agree, without updating the original tip based on the feedback from
comments, it is incredibly painful to go through all the comments and
get best out of it. In fact, currently, when you read comments, what you
are looking for a ways to improve the original tip, not those that just
complement it. From this regard, the comments are more of discussions to
improve the tip.

Since the wiki model allows for anyone to go and modify the tip, it will
be interesting to see how a tip will be modified once the discussion
results in multiple ways to improve it. I guess you can then accommodate
multiple solutions right in the tip.

--
Thanks,
Hari