I'm not sure how long this has been happening, but I noticed yesterday that I
no longer have a menubar. The toolbar is there and I've tried every set
guioption that I can think of.

Here's my current settings:
    :set guioptions
    guioptions=agimrLtT

The $VIMRUNTIM/menu.vim file is there and looks fine (I haven't touched it).

I've tried removing the .vimrc and .viminfo and nothing changed.

I can force the menus to popup. For example, if I enter :popup File I do get
the file menu to popup.

I'm running Ubuntu 6.06. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the
package manager to no avail.

Please help! I'm really stuck and I miss my menus.

-sc

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265