* Keith Hanlan on Friday, March 09, 2007 at 12:48:49 -0500:
> I want :bprev to take me to the most-recently-used buffer but I can't
> see a way to do that. It always follows the order in which the buffers
> where loaded.
>
> I use :bnext and :bprev (mapped to cntl--> and cntl-<-) to cycle through
> my buffer ring. However, it always cycles the same way; I would like
> :bprev to take me to the last buffer that I was using.

It not (exactly) what you're after, and it's a different concept,
but have tried what you can do with Ctrl-^ ?

:help alternate-file
:help Ctrl-^
:help :_#

Sorry, if you've been there already.

Vim plugin to paste current GNU Screen buffer in (almost) any mode:
<http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1512>