Hmm, based on your response and Gary's (libncurses-devel) and this post:

I ran the following:
cd /c/OpenSrc/vim7/src
./configure \
        --prefix=/usr \
        --sysconfdir=/etc \
        --libexecdir='$(sbindir)' \
        --localstatedir=/var \
        --datadir='$(prefix)/share' \
        --enable-multibyte \
        --without-x \
        --enable-gui=no

This results in:
./configure: line 3: $'\r': command not found
auto/configure: line 11: $'\r': command not found
auto/configure: line 19: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
auto/configure: line 19: `elif test -n "${BASH_VERSION+set}" && (set -o
posix) >'dev/null 2>&1; then
./configure: line 6: $'\r': command not found
./configure: line 11: syntax error: unexpected end of file

I have never tried this before, I am wondering if it is related to dos line
endings?

I pulled the source from a win32 SVN client.  It is the same directory I
compile for win32 from.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave