"Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 写于 2007-04-04 22:22:43:
> On 4/4/07, wangxu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > ESC is so far from the center of the keyboard.
> > Can I replace this key to Caps Lock,for example?
>
> I heard some people use Tab as a substitute for Esc. Weird.
> But it's easier to do in platform-independent way.
>
> Yakov

It's not weird IMO, Tab key is rarely required inside Vim, thanks to the
powerful auto-indent feature of Vim (you don't need the tab key even when
editing Makefile!), I never feel a need to use <Tab> key in vim during the
last 3 years.

Personaly, I think it is easier to train my fingers to reach the
so-called-far-away-ESC-key. (Imagine that the piano players often need to
reach keys in the piano much farther than ESC, and they do that precisely.)

--
Sincerely, Pan, Shi Zhu. ext: 2606