On 4/6/07, Taylor Venable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 10:22:43 -0400
"Yakov Lerner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 4/4/07, wangxu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > ESC is so far from the center of the keyboard.
> > Can I replace this key to Caps Lock,for example?
>
> I heard some people use Tab as a substitute for Esc. Weird.
> But it's easier to do in platform-independent way.
>
> Yakov

If Wikipedia is correct in that vi was originally written on ADM-3A
terminals (I think I also read that on here at one time as well) and
that this particular terminal had it's escape key where nearly all
modern keyboards have a tab key, it kinda makes sense.

Here's the page, for reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vi

Indeed. And it didn't have tab key, did it ?

I use the  "mini-keyboard" (measures 29x11cm).
I love it becaise everything is nearby. Fingers need to traver less.
And takes less space on the crammed desktop :-)

Another nice relevant link is this keyboard:

   http://www.engadget.com/tag/optimus
   optimis keyboard where every key is a [color] display

Yakov