Dear Zhichao,

On 20/04/07, Zhichao Hong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi, all,

I have been using Vim on the Win32 platform for a few years (since
version 5.0).  I enjoyed this program greatly.  The Win32 build
normally does not get patched frequently and the users on that
platform cannot take the advantages of the bug fixes as frequently as
UNIX user could have.  So I normally maintains my own vim build with
the latest patches for my personal use.  Now I would like to share
this with the users.  The result from this effort is that I have
created the the vimwin project at sourceforge (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vimwin).

Here is the project will help:
  * Compile Vim on Win32 with the latest VC++ compiler (VC8.0)
  * Compile Vim with the latest patches
  * Add misc enhancement that are not available from the original vim.
 And the source code for the changes/enhancement are always made open
and available.

The first release I created has the Vim compiled using VC8.0 with
patches up to 224.  It has the enhancement that can toggle the vim
into/out of full screen mode.   The F11 is the magic key.

You can try this by downloading the software from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vimwin and please provide feedback.

I have just installed your version of vim, but I can't figure out how
to switch it into full screen mode.  I currently have F11 mapped (and
I don't wish to change this), so I guess that this is part of the
problem, although I have tried removing that line from my _vimrc and I
still can't get into full screen mode.  If I run "gvim -u NONE" it
works okay.

I have tried 'grepping' first the doc/ dir and then the whole vim70
directory, but I can find no relevant mention of full ?screen, so I'm
not sure how I can get this to work with my vimrc.

Can you tell me the command that <F11> is linked to in the default
build so that I can test it and/or assign it to another key
combination please?  I've tried running "gvim -u NONE" and then typing
"map <F11>", but it says "no mapping found", implying there is
something more cunning going on that I don't understand!

Many thanks in advance,

Al