On 23/04/07, Matthew Winn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:48:58 +0200, "A.J.Mechelynck"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - virtual desktops. This may need some explaining to Windows-only people: On
> Windows there is one desktop, period. On X11, at least with some window
> managers, you may have up to 20 virtual desktops (you choose how many),
> arrange your windows at one or two per desktop in an uncluttered way, and
> switch desktops with one mouseclick or keypress. There is a small widget for
> each defined desktop in the taskbar, next to the buttons for the currently
> running tasks.

People who like virtual desktops but are forced to use Windows should
look into installing MSVDM. It's a Microsoft PowerToy that provides
four virtual desktops for Windows XP.

There's also "Virtual Dimension", which (in my opinion) works much
better than Microsoft's version.

http://virt-dimension.sourceforge.net/

Al